Thursday, August 27, 2009

My First BMW: E87 1-Series

Being the owner of an Accord 2.4 for about 7-months before it got stolen, it's real hard to find another ride that's comparable to it in terms of spaciousness and smooth power delivery. Went to test drive the latest Mazda6 and found the cabin to be cramped, although built quality and features are better compared to the Honda. And at 175K, I could easily get a re-cond E90 3-Series.


Thus, I searched and searched for the missing link, the Bimmer! I bought car mags, visited car showrooms. My criteria were that it must be in Alpine White, dark interior, Jap-specced, tip-top condition, +/- M-Sport bodykits. The asking price was >RM200K!

Due to the fact that I still have to service the instalment for my stolen Accord, the E90 and thus Bimmer, remained a dream. Until my uncle called one day, informing there's a unit of E87 in very good running condition in his friend's showroom.


This Quartz Blue babybimmer is a 2004 model, registered end Dec '04. Mileage was 47K, accident free. Previous owner was a Chinese lady in her 30's. Full service record at Auto Bavaria was provided with the car, too!


Apart from a few small coin-sized dents on the body panels, this blue 1'er is flawless. I jumped in immediately for a test-drive with my uncle seated in the passenger seat.


Tranny is 6-speed auto with steptronic in DS mode. Kicked-down the pedal along Kajang-Silk highway, and this baby roared to 160kph effortlessly. My uncle was scared shitless (he drives a CLK anyways) ...


And upon returning to the shop, I confirmed the purchase with the dealer. This is your's truly's first Bimmer! More on my 1er later - tagged under "E87 Journal".

0 spit-backs:



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents