Sunday, April 29, 2007

Unboxing W880i

Say Hi to the latest addition to my gadgetry armament... the cachectic and malnourished gracile and slender Sony Ericsson W880i!

Yea yea I know I bitched about the infamous "auto-off" function I read from review sites, but reliable sources confirmed that they have no such experience with their W880i. After an hour of hands-on experience with a myriad of makes and models from the market's latest phone lineup Friday, my mind's fixed on this svelte beauty.

The specs are unbelievable which include: 3G (Maxis has no 3G in Seremban, that sucks!), a 2.0 mega-pixel back-facing camera plus one front-facing video-calling camera, good speakers in relative to the willowy thickness thinness, 1Gb M2 memory stick, and a boatload of good softwares. The camera isn't the best but gets the job done, and if I need better pics there's always my Sony T30 (why must everything be "It's A Sony"? I have 5 Sony-ses, which include a Sony Clie PDA, Sony MP3 player, Sony Digital Camera, Sony car audio's headunit, and the latest lean & mean W880i. Must be the JapTech that makes it all wantable!).

Don't be perturbed by the meagre buttons - they are quite usable although my fingers are by no mean sissy in size. You can take my words for it! But that said, you wouldn't want to compose long SMSes and E-mails on it the whole day. 'Nuff sed.

One thing that's apparent with the OS is its SPEEEEED! This nifty gadget is loaded with an afterburner, and if you compare it to Nokia's N-series, it's as though the latter came installed with reverse thrusters.

Nice OS features include a built-in RSS reader, good web browser, a pretty good selection of themes, and of course Sony's Walkman software. Call quality was good, and earpiece volume was good too.

Call me suaku or jakun, but I was a hyperactive excited monkey when I see my blog loading on a HANDPHONE via 3G! Repeat after me, "On-A-Handphone!". Canggihnya... now how do I moblog?

It won't do if you don't accessorise such a snazzy piece of art with a high-tech looking piece of bluetooth! Anyway, it comes free with the phone courtesy of my cousin who introduced the phone seller from Sg. Wang Plaza! Would like one that's black in colour though (I'm not complaining ok).

All in all, not a bad experience! Never been so happy with a mobile phone since my great late Nokia 8210. Oh, I never want to see a 3G phone that's more than double this size ever again! Simi Razr, simi N-series, simi Samsung Slim Edition, limpek boh-chap, all so ulu and obiang. Limpek's W880i sibeh solid. Limpek's gonna make le sibeh paiseh with your tualiap mobile nehhh!

2 spit-backs:

Anonymous said...

Wow, nifty! How much u paid for it?

K.K. said...

The price is as mysterious as your anonymity!

Jz kiddin! Got it for RM1690. All original, not AP set mind you!



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents