Monday, April 16, 2007

The Wrath of God

The article was on yesterday's Sunday Star. The fallen tree was shot in Section 14, the housing area near the Jaya Supermarket. I was in the vicinity too, in SS1 driving towards Jalan 222 (off Federal Highway) after picking Rachel up. It really was a freak storm!

The wind was very strong, my lowered suspension and race-specced Wira wobbled as it cruised along the street at a slow 40km/h! The torrential rain blurred visibility, it was a cloudy white in front of my windscreen.

Tree branches were flying across the street. There were fallen road signs too! Some stretches of the road were swollen with rainwater.

It didn't look deep until you were in the middle, deepest section of the flooded road. I had to yank the throttle at 1st gear to boat my Wira through. Mighty Wira nearly died on me! Crossed two shallow rivers (literally)! Lowered Wiras are not good amphibians.

Rachel was scared shitless speechless. Then, my brakes felt rubbery. Floor the brake pedal and the car glides forward as if it's still in water. By that time I was already on the Federal Highway, and there was only a slight drizzle.

I had to floor the brake pedal a few times and do some wheel locking (of course after checking there's no Mat Tailing and Mat Rempits behind), to wake the made-in-Malaysia a.k.a. BolehLand brakes up.

My Wira survived the ordeal! Caught loads of rubbish with the fish-net installed on my front bumper.

Am sure disappointed. Ikan bilis (anchovies) also don't have!

Oh, and the cracks on my front bumper had widened! Going to install back my original bumper soon. Sigh... lesson of the day - never install a fibre-made aftermarket bumper! Go for the soft PU type!

0 spit-backs:



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents