Saturday, April 21, 2007

Biskut Tambun Cappuccino

When I opened my room door 10 minutes ago, I caught a glimpse of an unidentified foreign object planted to it! At first glance it looked like a compact rectangular-shaped grenade with a piece of death note taped to it. I suddenly remembered Daniel's girlfriend, Su Lin, is in the house... are they trying to murder the only witness to their secret mushy blogpost which they had deleted?!?!

Upon closer inspection, the note has a drawing of a rooster with bilateral, grossly enlarged upper limb haematoma, which might have resulted from severe inhumane torture (shudders)! The note is addressed to "KAI", meaning chicken in Chinese.

The grenade box is littered with multiple Chinese characters. I don't read Chinese! Made in China grenades?...

Wait a minute... 100% VEGETABLE OIL??? I then turn the grenade sideways, and read: CAPPUCCINO TAMBUN BISCUIT. Sigh of relieve...

It's a gift from the couple next door (Daniel & Su Lin, that is!) Biskut tambun (known as tau sar pneah or mungbean cookie) from Penang! One of my favourite cookies/biscuits! Ahh therapeutic...

Su Lin used to buy huge boxes of biskut tambun for each of us, each box containing at least 20 bijik of biskut tambun. After so long, the supply is dwindling...

As I stare at the note attached, I can't help thinking they would have wanted to write something that look like...

Looks like I have to break my promise to Kok Fang. He requested that I reproduce the comic strip that depicts Daniel and Su Lin's courtship and post it to our teamblog. How can I resist the bribe of biskut tambun from Penang? Heh heh heh... thanks Penguin!

The biskut tambun is from Sheng Hiang - click on the image above to link to their website.

2 spit-backs:

rachel said...

Haha babe your a chicken with muscles! I want some too!

K.K. said...

i makan finish edy... nemind nxt day i buy for u k.
no need go penang, kl oso can buy :)



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents