Monday, April 16, 2007

New Balance RT901

Got myself a pair of New Balance running shoe over the weekend. It's called the Race Trainer 901. Originally priced at RM299, I paid 20% less at RM239.20. Not exactly cheap eh?! Got it from Cheras Leisure Mall on Saturday and headed straight to Fitness First's treadmill for its virginal 5km run. Completed another 13km run yesterday on the 901. First impression - it's LIGHT!


The 901 has been around for quite sometime now. It was first released early last year, and had since been succeeded by the lighter and more efficient 902 released this year. The price difference is of course huge, with the latter priced around RM350++++ (before a 10% discount).

There are other New Balance models to choose from too. The salesperson recommended the 1222 and 1061 series, for higher mileage comfort in the former, and better cushioning in the latter. Both retail close towards RM400. No deal!

The 901 would definitely be better than my superheavyweight Nike (which I used for the recent PD Half) or the Timberland Trail/Off Road shoe (used during my last year's Mt. Kinabalu climb, now used as a weekend shopping trailblazer!). Acquiring the new 901 also means that I'd have to put my faithful old Reebok to "sleep".

Now that I am fully equipped, Mr. Kenny Sia would definitely be in shame. Nike DryFit cap, New Balance running singlet and shorts, MP3 player, 901, all check check check. Fat free, check! Muscles, check! Shameless pose + contracting pectoralis major, check! Pointy nipples, no check!

I had to edit my face in the shameless pose photo above, it gives me goosebumps standing next to Kenny Sia while imitating his "muscular" pose. And yes, he's shorter and wider than yours truly. Ha ha ha...

So Kenny, see you in Penang Bridge Marathon!

2 spit-backs:

Azman said...

WOI!! Got new shoes d??!! Maa chee bai! After this can go even faster lah. Cas Lewis Hamilton lah ini macam.

K.K. said...

Lewis Hamilton pun kalah beb! next run i'll arm myself 4xPowerGel. 5km each. sure power, mesti kentut berapi punye. hehe...



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents