Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Orange Beast

It's time I introduce you guys to my ever-powerful, sexy, and ultra-sleek bike sent from heaven. I call my ride The Orange Beast™. When I'm on the Beast™, I am the Beast Rider™. I've been commuting to and fro uni and back to my rented house for the past 1 and ½ years and the Beast™ was ever so versatile and had never given up on me even once. Bursting with a packful of accelerating power with just a slight twist of the throttle, my Orange Beast™ is the most powerful in it's class.

Here are some pictures of the Beast Rider™ and the Orange Beast™:

Okay, maybe it doesn't fit in the superbike category, but it's still a dependable 100cc scooter! I refuse to classify my Orange Beast™ as a "moped" (as some do)! Let's get to the spec of my Orange Beast™:

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
Brand Name: Modenas Ceria 100
Overall Length: 1710 mm
Overall Width: 645 mm
Overall Height: 1060 mm
Wheel Base: 1210 mm
Road Clearance: 85 mm
Dry Weight: 98 kg
Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.7 L
Fuel Consumption: n/a
Front Tyre: 90/100-10
Rear Tyre: 90/100-10
Max. Power: 5.5 kW @ 7,750 rpm
Max. Torque: 7.38 Nm @ 6,500 rpm
Max. Speed: ~ 90km/h
0-100km/h: 30 seconds (est.)

THE ENGINE
Type: SOHC, 4-stroke, single cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 51.5 x 48.5 mm
Displacement: 101 cc
Compression Ratio: 10.5 : 1
Carburetor: Keihin CVK24
Ignition System: CDI (Capacitor discharge ignition)
Starting System: Electric & Kick starter
Cooling System: Forced Air Cooled
Lubrication: Compressed & Splash

TRANSMISSION
Type: Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
Clutch: Centrifugal, dry type
Primary Reduction Ratio: Direct drive
Final Reduction Ratio: n/a
Driving System: V-Belt

CHASSIS
Type: Tube/pipe frame
Front Suspension: Telescopic
Rear Suspension: Unit swing type, single
Front Brake: Disc
Rear Brake: Drum

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Battery: 12V 7Ah

GENERAL FEATURES:



Even Dr. M (Malaysia's ex-PM) also cannot resist the temptation of the Orange Beast™ (see pic on left)!

I've just serviced the Orange Beast™ today, spending RM22 on the semi-synthetic scooter engine oil, RM11 for the gear oil, and RM25 for the oil filter. The Beast™'s odometer just clocked some 1,800km of mileage, and this is the third service.

I'm planning to take the Orange Beast™ for it's grand maiden biking adventure from Seremban to Melaka come next weekend. It will be a 2-day 1-night adventure to the historical town, with gastronomical fetish in between. Hope Daniel and Siu Min don't chicken out.

0 spit-backs:



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents