Saturday, March 10, 2007

Scoot To Melaka

Exactly one week has passed since I rode my Orange Beast down to the historical city town of Melaka with two friends (Ah Fat and Mania). It was a one-day-trip biking adventure which started from Seremban. The journey to and fro covered some 150kms of arse-numbing ride.

We left Seremban at 9.00am sharp, headed towards Melaka via the North-South highway at 90km/h (I was leading since my Orange Beast was the weakest bike). Very soon, the manic Mania decided to overtake me with his old Suzuki RG Sports. So much for group riding/biking adventure! Ptui, lick my rectal juice! We reached Melaka Town around 12pm (we stopped for quite a while before Alor Gajah coz it was drizzling).

We headed straight to this Kedai Kopi Chung Wah for it's chicken lice rice balls. It was my first try on those rice balls served with chicken meat. The rice balls were cold and oily, the chicken nothing fantastic. So much for the hype!

Then we started to walk around the "historical area" and look-see look-see the old pre-war buildings that I had not seen since I was a seven-year-old kid. I remembered sitting on a buffalo-cart with my sister the last time we were in Melaka.

But the buffalo carts are replaced with trishaws installed with high-capacity boom boxes blasting a variety of "dangdut" songs. I dunno about the foreigners, but I found the loud "noises" very annoying under the hot Malaysian sun.

After tired of walking around the hill (I honestly do not know the name of the hill, haha!), we headed to Jonker Street for food! And we stumbled upon this Baba & Nyonya-style kopitiam.

I ordered a bowl of durian-flavoured "Eight Pleasure Chendol" and a bowl of "Baba Seafood Laksa":

The food was gooooooodd... especially the Baba Seafood Laksa. Will definitely go back again for more laksa. We then headed home. The Orange Beast was forced to churned out some 110km/h of brute speed coz Mania decided to leave me all alone on the North-South highway. No more biking with Mania until I get a litre-plus mean machine! Ah Fat! Ipoh next!

0 spit-backs:



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents