Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Half Marathon!

Yes, I'm running! I'm joining Chee Yoong, Azman, and Fahmi to the PD International Half Marathon 2007 (PDIHM'07) this Sunday for my virginal marathon outing. My personal best was completing 5 laps of Seremban Lake Garden (outer perimeter) in 56 minutes. That's just a little more than 10km in total. But this is a half-marathon, there are 21km to cover in less than 2½hrs to get the qualifying medal (I paid RM20 for the registration so don't expect me to come back empty-handed without putting up a good fight!).

It's too late to practise now. Worse part is, I don't even have a proper pair of running shoes for the 21km run. I'm gonna use my old Reebok with it's flat sole. I have a pair of Timberland trekking boots, and a pair of brand-new NikeAir. But neither are good for the run unless I'm hankering for some ugly-looking blisters on my soles. Wish me luck guys! If Azman and Kenny Sia can do it, I sure can! Gonna do some stretching now...

PDIHM'07 registration form. I'm IN!
What does the PDIHM 2007's goodie bag looks like? Click here to find out!

3 spit-backs:

Anonymous said...

it's nice to hear dat ur running em marathon thingy. go kick some arses, and dun sprain any joints kay, kai kai!

K.K. said...

yeh, wud be more than happy if still got energy to kangkang my legs after the run.

anyway, anyone joining the Penang Bridge Full Marathon come June? U zac?

Anonymous said...

nah dun tink so. jog around my taman only. wanna join me? ;|



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents