Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday Nite Dinner For Two

[UPDATED!]

We planned to have a lovey-dovey self-cooked dinner this Saturday nite, so after watching National Treasure 2 earlier, we headed to Jusco Mid Valley to get some raw material. The movie was great by the way (what the hell was on page 47??!).

The lamb steak was a little obese, so I decided to perform some lipo-section (fat reduction) with a kitchen knife. I agree a surgical scalpel would have been ideal. Here's the end result:

Then it was marinating time. I'm no expert in this, but as the Parisian chef Auguste Gusteau of Ratatouille puts it, "Everyone can cook!". So what the heck if I can't beat Tony Roma's world famous ribs! LOL!

The usual suspects.

So how did I do it? After cleaning the meat under running water and dabbing them dry, I spread chockful of black pepper powder to dehydrate those fat meat. Then I douse them with olive oil, and flood 'em meat with a bottle of worchester sauce, before embalming them in the thick honey hickory bbq sauce.

The soon gonna be mummified cow and lamb.

They are then wrapped in "Clean Wraps" and chucked into the freezer for the next 36 hours. On why I marinate the meat so early, that's because we are catching Warlords tomorrow night, and thus gonna eat out.

I wonder how those meats are gonna taste like come Saturday. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I'm in charge of the carnivorous section while she'll handle the herbivorous department. Will update after Saturday's dinner over a glass of red wine...

Updated 12.01.2008 @ 2030 hrs:

KK's Specialty Combo Steak for two!

Combo steak consisting of beef and lamb steaks, shrimps, veggies, and seafood chowder soup! And sparkling red wine too!

The steaks were pan-fried to medium-rare with olive oil. The lamb steak was tastier according to her, which I totally agree despite the higher fat content! Guilty, guilty!

Close-up!

I liked our dinner! I think I just pawned Tony Romas, TGIF, and Chilis! Maybe not. LOL!

8 spit-backs:

rachel said...

yummmy yum cann wait to taste them!

K.K. said...

u said they looked disgusting justnow!!

Las montañas said...

OK my verdict:

The meat will cause jaws to mortify upon chewing them. Need to go A&E to have them loosen up again.

and why you have just committed #53 sin of bodybuilding; NO RED MEAT!

K.K. said...

Jaw-mortifying meat!!! Any suggestion for prophylaxis? Hahaha...

#53 is null and void after the liposection. i was also convinced by this article from bodybuilding.com!

Unknown said...

Wai, u know how to cook or not wan....don't get diarrhea ok, Anyway the lamb looks very fresh, next time can ask u this si fu to teach me how to cook for my wifey in future la...haaha

K.K. said...

hmm, no one's complaining, and i'll let the photos do me justice! hahaha!

Raymond said...

This sat we go Prego for lunch ya after the interview since u luuvvv ribs so much!!! hooray

K.K. said...

haiya, too bad i can't make it... else sure telan heaploads of ribs and charge it on u! hahaha...

dun forget to belanja when u get employed down south!



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents