Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Superbike Licence, finally...

Finally, I got back my JPJ test card and managed to get my full licence yesterday. Applying for the licence at the JPJ office was hassle-free fortunately. I now have Class B (bike 500cc and above) and Class D (car 1,000bhp and above [kidding]) licence. Due to my superbly clean driving record for almost 8 years, I was able to extend my licence expiry date for both classes for up to 10 years! But I didn't bring enough cash, so I have to renew them come end of year 2010. Happy enough already!

9 spit-backs:

Anonymous said...

crazee bugger... congrats anyway!

K.K. said...

tks dude! today i bumped into a police patrol car on my way back fr uni on my scoot, without helmet! and i forgot to turn on my headlight too! i've nvr felt so not-nervous, as im totally legal on the road now! haha... de buggers din stop me anyway...

Anonymous said...

Interested to get a Class B bike license too but dun know where to get a bike bigger than 100cc. U signed up lessons with an instructor? :wt

K.K. said...

Anonymous: it's not necessary to get a big bike in order to take the Class B licence, although it's good to have one for personal practise. Once you sign up with the driving institute, the bikes are provided, which usually is a Virago 525. You've got 8hrs of practise time before the JPJ test.

Be sure to approach a reputable driving institute. Good luck!

K.K. said...

Anonymous: i went direct to the driving institute (INMAJU, Seremban), and there are instructors there to help you out.

Anonymous said...

TQ, k.k.

I go back to Seremban almost every weekend, might just check out INMAJU. You stay in Seremban?

:wt

K.K. said...

hi there :wt (is dat ur name?),

I'm studying in seremban, am from ampang, KL. If you're in KL, i suggest u check out Safety Driving Centre (SDC) in PJ (near Asia Jaya LRT). That's quite good, and it's clean (they don't take bribes) as compared to InMaju in which my instructor asked for RM80 to help me pass (in which I didn't pay of course).

Having said that, InMaju has it's pros too, coz out of the 8hrs of compulsory practise, i only completed 4hrs, as the instructors are more lenient. Can't say the same bout SDC. The fact that they accept duit kopi also means u can save more time too.

all the best in acquiring ur B licence. do contact me when u've got ur big mean bike, we can do some group riding to S'pore or Thailand. heh heh...

Anonymous said...

wt are my initials.

I stay in Cheras but work in PJ, quite near Asia Jaya LRT. My family is in Seremban & I go back most weekends - nothing much to do in KL.

TQ for the additional info. I'll check out SDC too.

Group riding around the country / cross country is something I always wanted to do. Will definitely rope you in.

If you are on MSN Messenger, do prompt me. My id is wtyong88@hotmail.com

:wt

K.K. said...

aight mate, c ya!



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents