Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's Mother's Day Today!

May 13 - it's Mother's Day! Had to wake up at an ungodly 4.00am to send our maid to LCCT. Mum crept into my room at 3.58am and touched my backside to wake me up, and my whole body jolted into the air in shock. Mum was shocked wide awake by my reaction too. Haha!

So the first few hours of Mother's Day was spent with mum chatting in the car to and fro LCCT. We then had dim sum for breakfast on the way back at this famous dim sum place in Taman Connaught (this shop is situated along the famous Connaught Pasar Malam stretch, also dubbed the longest pasar malam in Malaysia!). More chatting and talking with mummy dearest. It was a light breakfast as we intended to continue sleeping upon reaching home.

And sleep I did! Right till 3.00pm, when my stomach howled for food and I decided to crawl out of bed to find something to munch. And I saw mum getting ready to leave the house. Gonna do her hair she said. I need a haircut too! Let's go do hair together, I suggested... how sissy! Spending time together doing hair is supposed to be a mom-and-daughter activity. And it takes forever for a woman to have her hair done! My haircut and wash took less than 30mins. Mum's entire hair procedure totalled 3hrs! Lucky me we were in Mid Valley!

For dinner, we headed to grampa's favourite restaurant in the heart of Ampang old town - Restoran On Pong. An old skool restaurant serving old skool, nostalgic Chinese cuisine (the way my grampa puts it). Reservation was placed last week, and we still had to wait for 30 mins before the first dish was served. Business was obviously good - it's a full house!

The first dish is a combination of fried, steamed, barbequed, and stir-fried dishes (direct translation from the dish's bombastic Chinese name) consisting of pork, stuffed roll with salted egg yolk, veggies, tofu, etc.

And a huge serving of Superior Shark's Fin soup, a must for any Chinese-themed feasts. This dish alone costs a bomb! (I am sure they didn't use REAL shark's fin so wildlife conservationists can look elsewhere if you wanna pick a fight!).

A closer look of what's inside... got some fin-ny stuff aye? Hmmm wonder how many sharks fishes they kill for that bowl of soup.

Then it's the Steamed Kampong Chicken.

Next up - Steamed Ikan Bawal.

Mixed veggie - inside got mushrooms, abalone slices, tofu slices, broccoli, and ginkgo.

And lastly, Butter Prawns. Huge succulent prawns with loads of fragrant fried butter + egg strips!

Mum, sis, and I.

Mum, sis, grampa, Aunt Angie, and I. There were 9 of us, the rest camera shy, scared I put their pics in blog. Heh heh heh...
That concluded this years Mother's Day. And mom, I love you since your very first touch 24 years ago! Thanks for everything you did for us, your neverending care and love!

2 spit-backs:

Anonymous said...

yau mou gao chorrr... post my pic on blog. kenot so public mah!

K.K. said...

come on la, dun shy shy can onot? cannot always oso acting one maa...
:)



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents