Tuesday, May 29, 2007

W880i Accessories

Was walking in 1Utama when I saw this handphone accessories shop called Novacell. This shop is located at the junction between the old and new wings of 1U, which is a few steps away from the GSC cinema. It looks more like accessory shop for young ladies, with all the bling bling what nots hanging around.

I've been looking for a silicone casing for my W880i, but to no avail. And I was happy to find it in this shop, and bought it for RM25.00 without much hesitation. It comes with a "free" screen protector too.Since the W880i is notorious for it's thinness, I wasn't keen on carrying it around inside my pockets. The rubberised back panel seems susceptible to easy lacerations from keys, coins, bumps, etc. So I've been carrying it with a Dr. Ion case I got from Kinokuniya Bookstore, KLCC.Now, it's fully protected with a silicone layer! No scared of scratching no more! I even did a free-fall test (accidentally lah) with the phone in the silicone casing and housed inside the Dr. Ion case . No damage done! It fell on my toes, then tergolek off and landed on marble floor. It survived!!!Can't believe they could actually manufacture the silicone casing with such perfect fit, with all the details of the phone thrown in to increase usability. In fact, wearing the W880i with this silicone jacket did not interfere with any functions at all.There are small windows, cut exactly to the shape of the phone, for the microphone, speaker, memory card slot, charging slot, camera lenses (back and front), the details are amazing!However, this silicone case attracts dust, although it's called an anti-dust casing. The keypads are difficult to press, I need my fingernails to punch in SMS-es. Darn! But that's the trade-off I'm willing to pay for safeguarding my gadget loh!If you're planning to get this from the same shop, the silicone casing can be had for RM18 sans the "free" screen protector. I found this out when the salesperson asked me whether I still need the screen protector since mine already had one installed. I thought, might as well get one for back up juz in case. On the other, if you're lookin for a screen protector for the same model, it's RM7 although they put the price as RM15. That's more than double! Be sure to ask for price reduction yeah! You can quote my blog if they refuse to do so! Heh heh...

Location: Novacell, Lot S202, 2nd Flr, 1 Utama. Phone: (03-7729 6181)
Related: Unboxing W880i

2 spit-backs:

Jonzz said...

Wow, you're equally 'paranoid'... oops, protective of the handphone, ha ha.

Dr Ion case eh. Thanks for the info.

K.K. said...

yeh, i'm abit pain in the arse when it comes to protecting my gadgets. heh heh. my 3-yr-old Sony Clie pda looks sparkling new although the battery has started to conk out...



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents