Thursday, June 28, 2007

Overflow

Saw an elderly patient tossing around in his bed this morning, restless and "delirious", as one of my mates put it. Then I saw his urine bag - it was full and backflowing all the way back into his bladder!
Kalau itu you punya bapak yang tak boleh kencing, you pun nanti-lah jugak ke?
God knows how long he'd been enduring a full bladder. When I told the nurse, she gave me the "nanti-lah" attitude.

No, I didn't say that to her. I wished I'd said that but I didn't. Why didn't I?

5 spit-backs:

Raymond said...

If im there,the nurse sure kena one!Perhaps,only seremban hosp does this izzit dr lim?
Later pt gets UTI then she know la
BTw,what u wanna say to her ah,ask her to drink it ah? lol

Anonymous said...

Gross. How come the patient din complain?
Translate the Malay words pls.

Unknown said...

That's really bad, that's why people choose to go to the private hospital instead of the govt hospital. I really dunno what are the nurses doing there, if i were you i would have confronted them...that is too much man.

Jonzz said...

*shake head* No sense of responsibility and a human life is involved. Sigh.

K.K. said...

raymond: wah dr. ray damn taiko man! i wonder how u gonna "kena" de nurse. LOL! i dun tink it's oni in s'ban hosp lah. m'sian mentality, everywhere oso can see as long as the boss is not around. wat i wanted to say is there wat, in the quote box on da right...

poohbearee: i think de patient post-op, too dazed to complaint. the translation wud be: "Would you still wait if that's your father there who cannot piss?"

steve: aiyah, this one isolated case lah. actually gov hosp much more better edy. if it's like this everyday, sure got lots of pics to blog rite?! hehe (doing damage control, just in case if i'm gonna be posted in this hosp nxt yr for internship! LOL!)

jonzz: exactly! *shake head together with jonzz*



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents