Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sony NW-S203F

With my disabled wrist due to a TFCC injury, I couldn't even lift a 5kg dumbbell. That means upper body exercise and weight training is totally and absolutely out of question. That left me with my lower limbs - running!

But to me, running is a very boring activity especially if you're alone and needed to burn more than 400kcal in say a period of 30mins. I needed to act fast in order not to turn into a fat fcuk just because of an injured wrist! And so, I acquired the NW-S203F Sony Walkman (1.0 Gb) for RM499.00 in Jusco last nite:


NW-S203F out of de box!

Yeah, I could easily get an underwater 2.0 Gb version for RM400 on ebay, but it wouldn't come with the arm strap, nice ear-hugging earphones, nice shiny purplish box, manuals, original CDs, and most importantly I wouldn't have gotten it at 9pm sharp last night!

Stripping off my new NW-S203F slowly...

And I immediately loaded some 100 lock and loll songs into that small test-tube-like walkman, and after sending my nahning to work this morning, I utilised it's pedometer function and burned some 300+ kcals at the Lake Garden, to the tunes of lock and loll...

This piece a shit gizmo is easy to use and very intuitive. I just needed to read the basic operating functions and the rest was just exploring the menu and I was running in no time. Initially I had set my mind on the following two music players:


The latest Sony NW-S700F which comes with in-ear earphones and the new noice-cancelling technology, currently retails at RM599 for 1Gb, RM699 for 2Gb, and RM799 for the 4Gb version (not yet available on ebay M'sia). Another contender is the almighty, one-and-only, forever cool iPod Nano 2Gb similarly priced as the new Sony with the same capacity.

Sadly, Jusco in Seremban 2 is so "ulu" it haven't stock up on the latest Sony. And the new Sony has no pedometer function, and it's more expensive too! When you're running, you don't wanna cancel out all the ambient noice till you can't even tell you're gonna get butt-fucked by a lorry, do you? And hence, the haste decision. *(pls bear with me I'm just fcuking reasoning my brain out of feeling guilty for the money spent!)

0 spit-backs:



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents