Sunday, August 13, 2006

The 8 IMU Outcomes

There you go, the eight IMU outcomes we are supposed to adhere strongly to in every seconds of our student life. The same eight bloody outcomes we're all gonna be tested on coming Tuesday.

(1) Application of Basic Science in the practice of Medicine
We learned most of our basic sciences during our first 2 years in medical school. Being in my 4th yr now, my basic sciences has dwindled to about 20%. Do u actually need to remember what malarial schizonts look like???

(2) Clinical skills
Am familiar with it, but nowhere expert. I missed lots of ward rounds thanks to my addiction to sleep.

(3) Communication skills
I'm good at talking craps. Stutter when engaged in serious talks.

(4) Family & Community issues in health care
WTF???

(5) Critical thinking and research
I was glad I finished my medical research, and I wouldn't wanna have anythin to do with any research again unless it warrants me a BMW M5 or a Merz SLR. The only time I think critically was when I'm playing DOTA, which I've quitted.

(6) Disease prevention & health provision
Eat less fat, exercise more. Be healthy ok!

(7) Professionalism, ethics, personal development
Medical insurance covers the first two. As for personal development, that depends on my salary.

(8) Self-directed life long learning
Does that warrant me a M5 and a SLR?

Notice the word "Caring Doctor" in the picture above? It doesn't say "Earning Big Bucks" or "Passing Your Medical Exams".
Is it a surprise that nobody gives two sh*ts bout it?

0 spit-backs:



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents