Thursday, August 10, 2006

Assumptions

I was once told by a nasty obstetrician,
"When you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME."

I replied,
"Maybe we cannot know the absolute truth absolutely, but we can come up with a decent version of the truth that will serve all of our purposes, simply by making a few obvious, but admittedly unprovable assumptions about the world around us. If you disagree you might as well go DIE".

He retorted, "How is that so?!!"
My reply was:

  1. I Think, therefore I am (I exist).
  2. I See, therefore I know (everything I see exists also).
  3. I see others, they see me, therefore I am, you are, we all are (empirism).
  4. If we see the same thing then we must all be Delusional (rational consensus).
  5. If 2+2=5, I am your boss (logical truth).

0 spit-backs:



Click for ҜαίخόρЋЯзпїα™"s Table of Contents